Apple Pie Shake
1/2 – 3/4 apple
1 teaspoon mixed spice
2 scoops Achieve vanilla
3 drops stevia
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
6 cubes ice
Blend all ingredients together and serve
Fig and Honey Shake
1 fig, peeled and frozen
2 scoops Zrii Vanilla Achieve
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon fig and honey yoghurt
Blend ingredients together and serve.
Shrimp and Quinoa
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken stock, using stock powder
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, roasted
1 tbs slivered almonds
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1kg shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
- Cook quinoa in stock for approx 5-10 minutes
- In a pan heat coconut oil and cook onion until caramalized. Add almond and cook until golden.
- Add chopped roasted garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bake shrimp at 180 degrees Celsius, on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add lemon juice, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Brush cooked shrimp with butter mixture.
- Serve shrimp on the quinoa.
Chicken and rice soup
- 6 cups chicken stock, using stock powder
- 2 chicken breast (poached, boneless and cubed)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1cup carrot, diced
- 1cup celery, diced
- 1cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup half and half cream
- In a heavy pot heat coconut oil. When hot add onion, celery and carrot and cook until soft. Add flour and stir to combine.
- Add broth and half of the chicken. Once broth is hot add the rice and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce heat to a simmer and cover post. Cook for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan heat cream and black pepper.
- Once soup has simmered for 15 minutes add the remaining chicken and stir through the heated cream.
- Serve while hot.